Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Duncan McCallum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 189>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/15 at 5:27pm
WHEN Rhonda wins I want a Duncan special made fork. If by some shift in the universe she loses...Well I really have nothing to offer lol LOL
Brian Randell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 7:21am
Wow. Duncan even called it with the kick to the head. *Golf clap for Duncan*
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 10:07am
Duncan "Nostradamus" McCallum- nice to see a home town Albuquerque gal get the win
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 10:16am
The man in the arena.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 10:33am
Rousey looked horrible and a sore sport..from her shenanigans at the weigh in to her refusal to touch gloves. Holly showed that Rhonda was not invincible..totally schooled Rhonda..sir Duncan called it the whole way!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 11:07am
Throws this morning with Tosteeto! Stones...got a different look and now I'm thinking glide.

LWFD was a blowout.

Hammers...oh yes...hammers. Getting MAD lift.
The man in the arena.
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 11:34am
Thought RR looked puffy and soft next to her opponent.  I am amazed by the lack of effort and ability of RR to take her down?  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

The Business

Chuck Norris'ed her ass.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:55pm
Delta Force Chuck Norris or Forest Warrior Chuck Norris?
The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 3:10pm
I am thinking Delta force CN. Remember the training scene in the beginning where he is whipping guys left and right?  Yeah... pretty much went down like that.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/15 at 5:25pm
After watching "the buisness" all I can say is Dana White was screaming. Get the Waaaaaammmbbbaaallaanncce!   NOW!
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:06am
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 6:38am
5*5 bench w/315. Been awhile since I mailed this down. Probably a minute between sets.

Wide incline 5*10 w/225. Pointers outside the ring.

Dips x1. EFFFFFF....
The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 3:19pm
I went back and watched it again (ol boy at work downloaded for us :-)  Ronda looked puffy and soft, weak stand up game, no endurance. Holly looked cut, hard and could run circles around Ronda. 

Ronda has now been exposed.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 5:54pm
I am glad Holly won, not because I think RR is a bad person or anything, but because she fought her own fight.

HH is a champion boxer. Period. Her striking is literally unparalleled in that division, and maybe all of Women's MMA. Yeah, she probably doesn't have the KO power of Cyborg or even Rousey, but her footwork, her unwillingness to be a straight-line fighter against RR, not to mention being a freaking southpaw...there really isn't anyone more technically proficient.

She jogged to the Octagon. Other folks walk out there. This Lady jogged. Yeah, this fight is about Rousey. She got the movie deal, she got the cover of EA UFC 2...but I'm not getting in the ring with her. She is getting in the ring with me.

I've never seen someone enforce their will upon another fighter like that. Except of course, the former Champion.   That's what made RR famous: taking the other fighter out of her element, dragging her out to the deep water, and enforcing her will. HH denied her that every second of the fight. She was not getting hit with counter punches...I counted maybe 6 or 7 clean strikes. Look at how many significant strikes HH landed, and how many of those went unanswered.

Do I think RR has been exposed? No. I think she got in the cage against a fighter who genuinely believed she could win, who stuck to her plan, and executed that plan about as flawlessly as possible.

Hoping to do the same thing in April.

3 Rounds (Oly style)

Book it.

The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Randell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 7:08pm
I think now that Ivan Drago has been exposed as human, all the fighters will come at her different and with more confidence
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 7:34pm

Do I think RR has been exposed? No. I think she got in the cage against a fighter who genuinely believed she could win, who stuck to her plan, and executed that plan about as flawlessly as possible.

This.  Same thing worked against Anderson Silva.

I honestly didn't know which way to bet it, because I just wasn't familiar with HH.  I was impressed at how technical a fight it was, and I think that unnerved RR.

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/15 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Brian Randell Brian Randell wrote:

I think now that Ivan Drago has been exposed as human, all the fighters will come at her different and with more confidence

YES
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/19/15 at 9:15am
Crushed my run this morning. Stressful week dealing with weak-minded folks.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/15 at 6:32am
Cleans and a jog this morning.
Squats 5*5...moving up!

Boxing conditioning.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/15 at 10:12am
Got up early...mile jog.

So many rounds with the heavy gloves.

Then dropped to the 4 oz MMA style gloves. Bang.

Another mile.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/15 at 8:43am
This morning's workout was brought to you by the following:

Crushing It

Between this and Short Circuit 2, I just killed it this morning.

Also, for TRob and my fellow Force-sensitives:

Mind...Blown...
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:24am
5x5 bench. Moving up.

100 hooks between rounds. Hands hurt stupid.

Super wide incline.

19 degrees.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/15 at 8:34am

19 degrees.

Tell me about it.  22 here this morning.  Propane heater in the near future of the Ludus?

It was in the mid-30s yesterday evening throwing stones.  Bones aching and had to wrap my wrist to throw, and I still had to threaten Roland into wearing a jacket. 

Tom

Aim high. Stay hungry.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/15 at 9:52am
Heater in the Ludus? Negative. I have one out there, just in case...no need to be silly about it.

I just run a little harder!

Hahahahaha...Roland, and Crom, laugh at your four winds. And your jackets.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/26/15 at 10:41am
Easy jog this morning...

Was supposed to be 5*5 strict press, but had a lot of tightness across both shoulders. Overuse I'm guessing. So, rolled to OHP. Heavy triples, then ten singles with 295.

Not bad at all.

Happy Thankslifting!
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/15 at 11:45am
"It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points how the strong man stumbled or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly...who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."

Hang cleans this morning...almost there. Couldn't stand up doubles with 280, but managed 10 singles.

Went upstairs, and this quote...literally...this quote...was playing on my iPad.

F*cking win.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/15 at 6:36am
Another early morning. 30 min jog/walk at varying speeds.

<20 degrees... Too cold for that nonsense.

5*5 bench turned into 3*5...didn't have any pop*. Dropped some weight and went for ten triples. Good pump, if nothing else.

4*10 wide grip incline.

Lat pulls.

Pose down.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/15 at 9:02am
Ran a 9 minute mile this morning. Wasn't really getting on it, just wanted to get the legs stretched out for the nonsense to come.

Hang cleans. Finished with a few 280 singles. Might have been 285. I don't really remember. So 280 it is. Whatever. I am going to get 290 in two weeks.

Lats and upper back stuff.

Abs.

Ate a dozen eggs. Because why not.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/15 at 10:01am
Aim high. Stay hungry.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 180181182183184 189>
  Share Topic