FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Daniel McKim

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/10/15 at 12:25am
About time...

!
The man in the arena.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/12/15 at 11:27am
saw your easy peasy 475 single bench.

Will you press 500 already? sheesh
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/12/15 at 2:40pm
Ha! Probably not for a few more months, Jake. I've got about one more week to push a heavy single, but after that I'll be working volume again, so if it happens, it probably won't be until April or so? 
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/19/15 at 2:44pm
Got a two-board 505 bench last week up in Minnesota, which was fun. I've never "board" pressed before, so it was a fun change.  Other than that, I'm about ready for a deload week. I've hit bigger weight room numbers in my clean and front squat than I had in the previous off-season, so things went well with this first block of training. 402 hang clean and a 320 hang snatch, as well as a 420 front squat. I'll ramp it back up to higher volume over the next month, so it'll be miserable, but the first block went about as good as I could have hoped, especially that I'm ahead of the ball game compared to last year. I'm also changing up my back squats a bit; I hit some big days, for me, but my back paid for it with tightness and soreness. After talking to a number of people, I'm really excited about it, so we'll see how it goes. 

Weight is also good; actually a bit lower than last year. I stick around 295 day in and day out, as I was 300+ last year. I know some think I'm just trying to gain a bunch of weight, but that's not the case. My weight is staying consistent (and lower) and I've been decent in my eats. 
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:45am
Great morning.  Worked up to 329 in the hang snatch and got some heavier box squats in.

Hang Snatch - worked up to 329 and shut it down. I need some rest and since this is the most I've done in a good while, and only 12 lbs. off my PR, I decided to chase the big number (350 is my goal) during the next training block.

Box Squat - been playing with it for a couple of months now, ever since I worked out with my buddy who was on the staff at Florida Football. My body likes them, and I am feeling it.

Warmed up with some lighter stuff, then went:
485x1
510x1
510x1
510x1
485x1
485x1

Gluteham 3x8 with band resistance

Hip thrusters in rack with blue band resistance. 

Clocked out and smashed a Snickers flavored protein smoothie. 
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 10:55am
"Snickers flavored protein smoothie."

sounds delicious!
"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 11:04am
And it was! New flavor at my local Smoothie Shop/Supp store. Salted Caramel Pretzel is my favorite, but this was a great flavor to add to my arsenal. 
jonhereth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonhereth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 1:22pm
Wow!! Gonna have to try the snickers!!
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/20/15 at 1:30pm
Ha! Yeah, man. Should give you the heads up. Kevin dropped it on me today and I really like it. Good change and tastes amazing. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 282930
  Share Topic