FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Strength and Health

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chirolifter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Strength and Health
    Posted: 12/18/11 at 9:11am
I have come into S&H original Magazines from 1959 to 1976- complete sets.  Anyone have any idea what they are worth.
I would give them an excellent rating...  If anyone is interested in them shoot me a pm.
Thanks
"It's what you do when no one is watching that builds character."

Gene Flynn
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/11 at 10:35am
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/11 at 3:23pm
I have a bunch of them also, however you should read through them they actually have some great reading in them. If you have some with Tommy Kono and Bill Pearl on them I would see about having them signed. I know there are collectors out their for that stuff.  
Old Dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/11 at 7:53pm
Somewhere Bob Hoffman smiles down on us.
Over Fork Over
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/11 at 12:16am
There is so much information out there now available, people forget at one time that was all we had.  Once a month you got a new one and that was it for the month.  Now you just go onto the internet and find it all so fast.  Back in the day you sat around the living room with your buddies and a few issues and talked iron.  
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
ken crum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ken crum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/11 at 8:41am
I have a bunch of old strength and health mags from the 30's and 40's...I love them for the nostalgia....

Have a few from the turn of the century also...

When I have time I'm gonna frame some and put them in the library....

Check ebay like craig linked..that's where I've usually purchased all mine...they are always on there...  
crum
JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/11 at 4:04am
I framed the whole magazine in a plastic holder I bought at a collectors shop. That way, I can take ti down and pull it out and read it without ripping the cover off to be framed.  
Thom Van Vleck
Soul Eater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soul Eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/11 at 5:13am
Have the cover scanned on photo paper then frame it and put it on the wall. I think they are worth keeping I've held on to mine for 30 years. They were found in a shed by a buddy of mine who was renting this house. He thought I would like them. They have been in plastic for years now. 
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/20/11 at 7:57am
How about some old Perry Rader's Iron Man?  I love those old ones
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
Bert Sorin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bert Sorin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/21/11 at 1:04am
Gene,
Those old mags are super fun to read and very educational. Dad has most of the S&H, Iron Man, all of the PLUSA and a few spin off mags (All American etc. ) If you are interested in selling them, want to know a little more what they may be worth, or just talk to someone about the old stuff, give Richard a call. He loves that stuff!
803 750 9038

Gotta love some old time physical culture!
Bert
In Strength and Throws,
Bert
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic