FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

World's Strongest Scientist Training Log

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: World's Strongest Scientist Training Log
    Posted: 1/27/12 at 4:08pm
Hello.  I'm new to this board.  I am a lightweight amateur highland gamer.  Newly a lightweight though...and proud!  I lost about 60-70 unhealthy pounds so please don't try to convince me to put on weight to compete...

My first training log is not too exciting except for the fact that my RESISTANCE BANDS came in the mail just in time for my workout.

INCLINE BENCH + BANDS(25-50lbs.)
185 x 5 x 6 x 5
205 x 3 x 3
185 x 5 x 5

Loved using the bands.
Here is my blog where the rest of the workout is...and where all my previous workouts are too:

Check it out and leave me comments.  I am 13 weeks out from the event I want to throw so I am increasing throwing sessions.  I have videos, please help me with those as well.  My technique is not great or even good.
eclarkhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclarkhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/27/12 at 5:05pm
Welcome! What kind of scientist are you?
Lex Miller View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/27/12 at 7:14pm
I am currently getting my bachelors in Secondary Ed Science - I am going to be a Biology Teacher.  But I am also an avid fan of paleontology, herpetology, and of course...sport science/kinesiology.

So a certified scientist?  Not really.  World's Strongest Scientist?  Maybe...but since no one else has claimed that title I will gladly take it for now.  HAHAHA! 

Thanks for the welcome.  I hope to use this forum as a tool to get better.  I want everyone to be brutally honest with me on my technique videos and if you all think I'm wasting my time with certain lifts.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/12 at 2:33am
Welcome  Thumbs Up
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/28/12 at 4:19pm
01-28-12 MOVEMENT SPECIFIC CIRCUIT
aka...I don't usually work out today but I'm hella bored!

So I did some movement specific band work.  It helped loosen me up and stretch out some sore muscles more than anything, but here is the explanation of the circuit:  http://worldsstrongestscientist.blogspot.com/2012/01/01-28-12-movement-specific-circuit.html

I will have video of the circuit up tomorrow so that everyone can tell me if I am wasting my time or if these exercises haved their place in my workout.  Thanks everybody for the warm welcomes as well!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/12 at 10:10am
Here is that circuit video that I did from yesterday...

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lex Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/29/12 at 7:45pm
Not sure if the throwing portions of my training go here as well, but I'll just be a sav and put it anywhere I feel like...haha...j/k...don't hurt me I bruise!

BW: 206
43# HWFD: 24'10"
24# Hammer: 54'5"

Ok...not impressive, but I have improved alot since I started back in the throwing game.  II have videos here:  http://www.worldsstrongestscientist.blogspot.com/2012/01/01-29-12-heavy-events-training.html

PLEASE give input.  I really felt like I was mentally challenged three legged baby giraffe on the HWFD.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic