Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Training Logs
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Training Log Glenn Sciscoe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wsciscoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/27/15 at 12:03pm
My first world championship was a great experience thanks to Kevin Rogers outstanding organization skills, Merl Lawless extreme hard work and attention to detail. Along with the army of volunteers they pulled off a flawless competition. My wife Anita who has supported me in my training, came with me as a volunteer and personal cheerleader, thank you.
We started off Friday with a shotgun start at high noon. Heavy weight for distance, light weight for distance, Bramer stone, then open stone, my 4 worse events. Just trying to hang in there and not get down on myself I had some decent numbers with my best being a 27 foot bramer stone which is only 4" from a pr.
Saturday started off with a 17' 112# caber. After we broke 2 they gave us a smaller one and I pulled out 3 turns with a best of 12:05. Caber took an amazing hour and a half to complete which put lunch between heavy and light hammer killing my distances on light hammer. Weight over bar and sheaf were almost more stress than I could handle. Glad Anita was there to coach me. I hit 14' on my third attempt in weight over bar and 26' on my third attempt in sheaf.
I finished 20th out of 26 of the greatest competitors in the world. Made some new friends and had a great time.
I thank God that all of my Highland friends and I had a safe competition and I ask that he keep them well till I see them all in Buffalo NY next year.
Old enough to know better. Still too young to care.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic