FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Event scoring

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Event scoring
    Posted: 9/06/05 at 9:32am
This past weekend at the WI games I had the chance to participate in scoring the event, and it has left me with a few questions.  I know we were using the 1 point method, with least points winning, but how many points does a person get?  It makes sense that the person winning the event would net you 1 point, 2nd would getr 2, etc., but is there a limit?  Would someone getting 15th place get 15 points, or does the one point only scale so far before it goes to a "maximum stroke" scenario?
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
Eclipse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/06/05 at 9:44am

Dennis - 15th gets 15.

"Somewhere in Russia, a little girl is warming up with your max." - Anonymous

"Do not demand what you can not take by force."

JWC III View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWC III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/05 at 5:55am
Man, I WISH 15th didn't get you 15 points!!!!!
Thom Van Vleck
weaselking View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/05 at 7:09am

I'll say.  1 bad event and you could knock yourself right out of the competition.

We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
Eclipse View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eclipse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/05 at 7:16am
Exactly!
"Somewhere in Russia, a little girl is warming up with your max." - Anonymous

"Do not demand what you can not take by force."

kansaswolf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kansaswolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/07/05 at 6:22pm
I took last in Sheaf at Chatham, and still (somehow) ended up half a point out of first!  And there were eight of us there...  So it's not always a total death thing.  Though it would have been awesome to get first there! 
Hey, I'm a Burchett too!
weaselking View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/08/05 at 2:52am
I suppose it would even out.  If you were ranked high in a bunch of other events, the fact that someone else had to rank beneath you would ease the individual bad event. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic