Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Topic ClosedGuinness World Record Attempt

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:06pm
No, the unending amount of sexism and wildly inappropriate comparisons in that last post makes this all kinds of not funny. 
Highland Games - The drama is so high, because the stakes are so low.
bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:15pm
I find it amusing when an internet troll describes internet trolls...ie Hiding behind a computer screen....LOL
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Detroitpete View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by BrittneyBoswell BrittneyBoswell wrote:

No, the unending amount of sexism and wildly inappropriate comparisons in that last post makes this all kinds of not funny. 

The hyperbolic comparisons were made to point out the ridiculousness of this entire thread--and mostly to show the extreme point to which some seem to go just out of hand, without thinking before hitting the enter button.  Seriously--a threat of physical violence because of an opinion on a HG site? Seriously, all kinds of NOT funny. Perhaps I shouldn't expect more from this site.  I appologize that the hyperbole offended you.
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:20pm
It did, does and should be edited. Fix it (edit function), and I might believe you. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:32pm

It did, does and should be edited. Fix it (edit function), and I might believe you. 

I appologized.  I empathize that you found it offensive. The rest is on you.  No, I don't feel a need to edit what I said simply because you don't like it.    
BrittneyBoswell View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:34pm
You seemed unclear if you had given offense, I wanted you to have no misunderstanding. Now we understand one another. 

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 6:39pm

You seemed unclear if you had given offense, I wanted you to have no misunderstanding. Now we understand one another. 

I was not unclear at all.  What I said was, "I appologize THAT the hyperbole offended you", not "IF the hyperbole offended you.  A weak-a$$ed appology is one that says I'm sorry if...
Bill Boyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 7:02pm

Last time, I opened a Guinness World Record book it was 1972 and I was 8. They should rename this book to Records by Idiots. Integrity of the sport?

I'll bring some grapes and see how many I can put up my rectum. 36 is a record.
Juli Peterson View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by Detroitpete Detroitpete wrote:

The hyperbolic comparisons were made to point out the ridiculousness of this entire thread--and mostly to show the extreme point to which some seem to go just out of hand, without thinking before hitting the enter button.  Seriously--a threat of physical violence because of an opinion on a HG site? Seriously, all kinds of NOT funny. Perhaps I shouldn't expect more from this site.  I appologize that the hyperbole offended you.

I don't know you and I honestly have no dog in the fight you've pursued. Really. I'm horrible at Caber and doubt I will even be asked to participate.

The thread seemed to get extreme and out of hand, well, by you. I don't understand why but I do not know the backstory. All I know is that someone who claims violence has been threatened (and jacking up a reasonable thread afterwards) by someone else asking if you have insurance reminds me of fighting with my big brother...

Me: Do you have insurance?
Jerry: MOM!!! JULI ASKED IF I HAD INSURANCE AND IS USING HER MEAN FACE TO DO IT!!!
Mom: Juli! Stop threat...well, I guess you didn't threaten but he's scared of you so just stop.

The thread is about a WR Caber toss, most kept to that topic and concerns regarding it, until you chose to go on the attack and be offensive. Re-read your words, ask where you fit exactly what you've complained about. Or not. 

OH! The idea of Jay O'Neil hiding behind a computer made me lulz. Thanks for that.

jp

You have to stop doing that Juli, if it worked we'd all be doing it.

tosabarbell.com
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 7:07pm
My favorite master is Mike Dickens and while I am too lazy to look and see if he is throwing, I hope he wins his class at MWC 2014! Got your back MikeD!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Juli Peterson Juli Peterson wrote:

Originally posted by Detroitpete Detroitpete wrote:

I don't know you and I honestly have no dog in the fight you've pursued. Really. I'm horrible at Caber and doubt I will even be asked to participate.

The thread seemed to get extreme and out of hand, well, by you. I don't understand why but I do not know the backstory. All I know is that someone who claims violence has been threatened (and jacking up a reasonable thread afterwards) by someone else asking if you have insurance reminds me of fighting with my big brother...

Me: Do you have insurance?
Jerry: MOM!!! JULI ASKED IF I HAD INSURANCE AND IS USING HER MEAN FACE TO DO IT!!!
Mom: Juli! Stop threat...well, I guess you didn't threaten but he's scared of you so just stop.

The thread is about a WR Caber toss, most kept to that topic and concerns regarding it, until you chose to go on the attack and be offensive. Re-read your words, ask where you fit exactly what you've complained about. Or not. 

OH! The idea of Jay O'Neil hiding behind a computer made me lulz. Thanks for that.

jp

So you missed all the posts ripping at a guy for planning the caber stunt?  Yeah--I'm out of line.  As for Big Whomever--gave him my schedule--look forward to the meeting.  As to the topic:  MWC2014 looks like it is being managed VERY well; a fair number of the best in each class look like they'll make it; it's in SCOTLAND, and there may be a caber stunt that pleases the crowd--what's not to like?  Now--is everybody OK?  Do we need some hugs, cookies and coloring books?Wink
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/06/14 at 8:44pm
That's enough, I think we've let this run it's course.

Gerry, feel free to make a new thread, if you so chose.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic