FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

USA Team headed to the 2014 Newtonmore games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/22/14 at 1:17pm
Inquiring minds want to know...
The man in the arena.
adambrezina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 11:25am
Why do I got to be Mr Pink?

Skinny guy trying to get big
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 11:49am
This is a very weird situation. 'Cause I don't know if you remember back in '86 there was a major *ing drought. Nobody had anything. People were living on resin... -smoking the wood in their pipes for months. This chick had a bunch. And she's begging me to sell it. So I told her I wasn't going to be Joe the potman anymore, but I would take a little bit and sell it to my close, close, close friends. She agreed to that, said we'd keep the same arrangement as before; 10%, free pot for me, as long as I helped her out that weekend. She had a brick of weed she was selling, she didn't want to go to the buy alone. Her brother usually goes with her, but he's in county unexpectedly.

What for?

His traffic tickets. Got a warrant. They stopped him for something, found warrants on him, took him to county. Now she doesn't walk around alone with all that weed. I don't want to do this. I have a very bad feeling about it. But she keeps asking me, keeps asking me, keeps asking me, finally I said OK 'cause I'm sick of hearing it. Now, we're picking the guy up at the train station...

Wait a minute. You go to the train station to pick up the buyer with the weed on you?

The guy needed it right away. Don't ask me why. Anyway, we're get to the station and we're waiting for the guy. I'm carrying the weed in one of those little carry-on bags. I got to take a *iss. So I tell the connection I'll be right back, I'm going to the boys' room. So I walk in the mens' room, and who's standing there? Four Los Angeles county sheriffs and a German shepherd.

They're waiting for you?

No, they're just a bunch of cops hanging out in the men's room, talking. When I walked through the door, they all stopped what they were talking about and they looked at me.

That's hard, man. That's a *ing hard situation.

German shepherd starts barking. He's barking at me. I mean, it's obvious. He's barking at me. Every nerve-ending, all my senses, blood in my veins, everything I have is screaming, "Take off, man! Just bail, just get the heck out of there!" Panic hits me like a bucket of water. First there's the shock of it... -BAM!... -right in the face. I'm standing there drenched in panic. All these sheriffs looking at me, and they know, man. They can smell it. Sure as that *ing dog can, they can smell it on me.

The man in the arena.
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 12:56pm
Great memories from my trip to this contest and games back in 2007.  That US team included Bert Sorin, Mike Pockoski, Chris Chafin, a young T&F thrower named Dave, and myself.  The Scotland team consisted of Neil Elliot, Graeme Allan, Jason Young, Scot Thompson and one other whose name escapes me.  

Hard to believe it has been seven years.  I only had one kid back then, and he was a baby; now I've got five (when you get older, you reference years to when your child was born).  

Good luck, USA.  
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 1:16pm

We've got this Dan...the fellas on this Team make their own luck.

Now if we can just find out who we're throwing against...
The man in the arena.
adambrezina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adambrezina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 2:16pm
I think the trip will be one to remember, before I pump out a few kids ha ha. Thanks Dan.

Lol Duncan, can't believe you referenced that much
Skinny guy trying to get big
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/04/14 at 2:34pm
My mind is basically a wasteland of throwing, lifting, hair product, and movie quotes.

Oh yeah, and 8-bit video games.

Believe it Adam.
The man in the arena.
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/30/14 at 12:02pm
Team Scotland:

Neil Elliott -captain
Willie Falconer
Kyle Randalls
Garry Hagan
Stuart Anderson

Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/01/14 at 4:52pm
Great Scots!

Fine group of lads to throw against there.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/01/14 at 5:19pm
Get your minds right fellas.
The man in the arena.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/29/14 at 8:04am
Travel Day!

I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
feefiefofeather View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feefiefofeather Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 11:13am
Thanks for updating, Nate. Congrats again to you, David, Brezina, Shane and Travis. It's a big honor to be able to rep the USA. Big bucks no whammies!

Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond all reason the opinions of others.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 4:08am
Game starts in two hours. Had a great time with the scots last night. Drink they can.

Wifi is my only way to get here and it's spotty. Info tonight if I can.

Heavy rain in the forecast however the locals guarantee sunshine.

Going to be a good time.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 12:47pm
USA wins.

Breezy overall.

Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
Shawn Baker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawn Baker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 1:47pm
Nice Adam- congrats USA!!
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 1:54pm
Well done Team USA!

Congrats Adam!   Read through the names on the trophy. Some cool fellows on it.
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 2:55pm
I have started a thread with some of my pictures from the event.
A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/02/14 at 8:55pm
Well done.
The man in the arena.
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/03/14 at 3:00pm
These guys deserve huge praise for what they did on the field but I kid you not - the CLASS that they showed during the Kay Cummings Memorial ... you ALL owe these guys for doing the USA proud!
A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic