Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

The Shamrock Games and the Craig Smith Club

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Merl C. Lawless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Shamrock Games and the Craig Smith Club
    Posted: 3/25/14 at 2:40pm

There are some great stories that came from the past 15 years at the Shamrock Games in Springfield Illinois. KO and the Big Red Caber, Myles WOB record and the bushes incident, and Craig Smith smashing a ceiling fan with a 22 pound hammer.

We now have a new member of the Craig Smith Club, Braidy Miller. Braidy hit the same fan twice on the heavy hammer and still manages a throw of 102'9"  I believe Craig went 104' after hitting the fan!  Along with a 77'7" 28# and a sheaf toss that maxed out our indoor standards at 36'5 I would say that Braidy had a good day.

This year's Shamrock games had nearly 50 competitors and many personal best. A good way to start the season.

Merl Lawless Ancient Athletics
Face Book, twitter and www.ancientathletics.com

Edited by Merl C. Lawless - 3/25/14 at 3:29pm
Silverback View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Plow Mule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Silverback Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/25/14 at 8:30pm
Congrats Braidy, hope everyone was safe, I found security very lax there at this game and am still recovering mentally from the vicious assault I experienced.  All those classes throwing indoors, yet the athletic directors still have the knowledge and skill to make beer available on the field.  We simply had to reward their tireless efforts and drink some of it.    
Mule

Sportkilt
AST Sport Supplements
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/26/14 at 7:09am
Welcome to the club Braidy!

It's no secret why he does so well now...there are three of him. 

loooooooool Myles, that sniper got you good.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/26/14 at 7:11am
And btw, no one will ever beat my broken chair record there, or my record of almost throwing the 28 out of one of the top windows, lol. 

Such a great game. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic