FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Kevin Rogers kills it

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plockton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kevin Rogers kills it
    Posted: 4/05/14 at 11:40pm
It is my pleasure to report that Kevin Rogers, the Man at the Wheel of Scottish Masters International, is proving to be as capable on the weightlifting platform as he is behind the trig. A two-time World Champion and multiple podium finisher in the Games, Kevin has steadily improved his Olympic Weightlifting prowess. Today in the US Masters National Championships in Shreveport, LA, Rogers snatched 86k and jerked 112 for a fabulous 198 total, finishing second overall in the 55+, 94kilo bodyweight class.

Kevin made five of six attempts, including a gutsy jump to a successful snatch with 86k after missing inexplicably with 84.
 * Since the standing WOB is a direct correlation to the power clean, we can expect Kevin to set new personal bests in that event this year. Congratulations to Kevin.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/06/14 at 6:27am
vonguinness View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vonguinness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/06/14 at 7:14am
great stuff.
congratulations.

jammin on the one.
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 10:25am
Thanks Coach Durso,

It was a 5kg PR and it qualifies me for the Masters Pan Ams in Toronto and Worlds in Copenhagen.

Split-style for both the SN and C/J is just some old-school fun too. 

I've added 35 kg to my lifts in the last 4 years of focused training .. 35 kg more and I'll start winning some of these meets.

Thanks again to all my friends herein who helped me find the power within.

-K

MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 10:38am
Congratulations, Kevin! Will you be doing the Masters Pan Ams and/or the Worlds?
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/07/14 at 11:13am
Thanks, yes .. already booked the Toronto trip for Pan Ams and in process of booking the Denmark trip for Worlds.

Makes me nervous just typing that ..
Skullsplitter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullsplitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/14 at 6:58pm
Great job Kevin. Really fantastic lifts. I just built my son a new lifting platform today and am feeling the lifts coming on again. 

Congrats and represent us well at the Pan Ams and the Worlds. 

Bill 
"I am the thread, the pupil, and the eye of the needle is my teacher"
MJurkoic View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJurkoic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/14 at 7:17pm
Bill, are you going to start competing in Olympic lifting again?
Loki: I have an army. Tony Stark: We have a Hulk.
Skullsplitter View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skullsplitter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/14 at 7:48pm
That thought has crossed my mind. But I am really focused on getting my son into comps and maybe teaching some others how to lift. I had my time on plenty of platforms. 

Bill 
"I am the thread, the pupil, and the eye of the needle is my teacher"
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/14 at 6:57am
Better late than never..... but thats a great total Kevin. Good Luck at the Pans and Worlds.

DStewart
I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
K Rogers View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/14 at 7:56am
Hey-

Thanks Don, I had to wait to focus on the lifts until after retiring from wrestling. I really miss working with they guys in the wrestling room but have met a whole new group of athletes on the platform and enjoy the training. 

I've been invited to coach again at 3 nearby HS wrestling teams and to lift on the famous Sayre Park Weightlifting Team. Its a great feeling to be appreciated in sports but its exciting to move on to a new challenge. Tough decisions there. 

I've traveled from New York to California to lift and get to compete with past Olympic team members. At the State meet last weekend, one of the US Olympic team coaches asked me in the warmup area if I would qualify for Pan Ams .. what a great feeling to tell him that I'm qualified and training for it.   

Thanks for your support and good luck in your training,

-K
17/20 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 17/20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/25/14 at 9:07am
Welcome Kev. Im on the couch Kevin. Good group of lifters at the Boston Weight Lifting Club ( Norwood, Ma ) think they have national qualifiers etc. I've been coaching throws at a local college had a girl recently qualify for the NCAA's.
I MAY BE BIG , BUT I'M FAST
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic