Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Dublin Irish Festival Announcement

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhuntley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dublin Irish Festival Announcement
    Posted: 4/09/14 at 10:10am
Hey everyone..

Had a meeting with the festival yesterday and have great news!!

We will be throwing hammer at the Irish Festival this year!

I know it has been a missing event from the competition and I have worked a long time to bring that event to the competition. They finally said yes this year!

For those who have not been, it is a GREAT festival with 1000's of spectators. We have new field this year and will have the ability to have the entire field surrounded by the crowd. 

Another nice perk of the festival is that they provide rooms for the athletes at no charge. Those of you from out of town that would like to come out and compete need make sure you are ready to sign up a month out from the competition I have a feeling that the field of athletes will fill up fast.

The date of the competition is August 2, 2014 (Saturday) We have a unique situation at this game, we start a little later in the afternoon and finish up in the evening under the lights of the festival. The crowd gets HUGE and the premiere Celtic rock bands are on stage at the end of our competition. (There have been times we have more of a crowd than they do!!)

I am looking to increase the athlete attendance this year to around 40 athletes.

I need to know what classes to have though. We had a great showing of women at the Arnold and I would like to a Women's Masters class at this event. So how about it masters women?? How many of you will be willing and able to attend? 

Comment and let me know so i know how to structure my classes..

Thanks Brian
Jason Cherry View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jason Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 10:31am
Brian,

Had a great time in the Master's class but how about a lightweight class?!

Jase
"Example is the best precept." ~ Aesop
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/09/14 at 4:52pm
This is one if my favorite games every year. Unfortunately I'll have to miss it this year. This game has one of the best crowds you'll find as an amateur, and the field great to throw on. Many if my PRs happened at this game. Great stones and 40 ft sheaf standards, and the GLSAA treats you like a pro.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
cabertosser View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabertosser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/10/14 at 8:27am
Brian I would love to come play. I am a master 55 to 59 but I am willing to throw against the kids. Whatever it takes.
You f**ked up - you trusted us! Hey, make the best of it!
Celtic Angel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celtic Angel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/11/14 at 11:51pm
I am a Master Woman from Florida and would be interested in coming to your games for a master class.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic