Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Maine Highland Games August 16, 2014 Topsham Maine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Maine Highland Games August 16, 2014 Topsham Maine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maine Highland Games August 16, 2014 Topsham Maine
    Posted: 6/07/14 at 7:39pm
It's that time of year y'all.  Time to get your names in for the Maine Highland Games.   Sam Denson and I will be AD-ing the games again this year.  We will be having all the normal classes as usual.

Date: August 16, 2014
Where:  Topsham Fairgrounds, Topsham ME
What: A Wicked Awesome Good Time

Am A
Am B
Masters
Ladies
and of course Pro'

As you all know earlier this year long time Maine AD and even longer time New England Highland Athlete Leroy McDonough passed away unexpectedly.   In honor of all the work he did to keep a thriving pro class we have added a 6th pro spot that will be known as Leroy's Spot.  We will hold this spot every year for a new, up and comer to the Pro Ranks.  This year it is my honor to have one of our very own New England Throwers, making the jump to the big time, fill this spot. Congratulations to Jeff Kaste. 

Pro Lineup
Jeremy Gillingham
Matt Doherty
Nathan Burchett
John Pilling
Will Barron
Jeff Kaste

AMs if you are interested in competing please contact Sam and me here or at mainehighlandathletics@yahoo.com so we can get you on the list.  We have already had some early interest from outside New England and I encourage everyone out there who might want to spend a few summer days on the beautiful coast of Maine to come on up and throw. 

As in years past there is no registration fee, I will be sending out free tickets to all those who register.   If you would like to pre-order tickets for your friends or family at a lesser cost let me know and I can help facilitate that. 

Also looking for volunteers to help, free ticket and free t-shirt, the more the merrier. If you have any family or friends who would like to help please please send them my way.

Can't wait to see you all. 

Alison Tostevin

Edited by ATost - 6/08/14 at 6:41am
"Stand in your own space and know you are there."
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/07/14 at 10:37pm
Thanks Alison and Sam! It is truly a great honor for me to throw in memory of Leroy. Absolutely cannot wait!
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/08/14 at 4:53am
Nice looking Pro lineup.  Congrats Jeff. I think Leroy would approve.

Alison - got a delivery failure trying to email. If there is room please add me to Masters, XL shirt size if needed.  Thanks.

Al
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/08/14 at 6:42am
If I would put the right email up that would be helpful.   Edited and corrected. Not smart Alison not smart.
thefrc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/11/14 at 1:07pm
Email sent! Can't wait to round out the Am B division again. 
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/14/14 at 7:10pm
List of competitors as of 7/14/2014

Pros
Jeremy Gillingham
Matt Doherty
Nathan Burchett
John Pilling
Will Barron
Jeff Kaste

Am Men
Tony Robinson
Bill Wadell
Scott Sideleau
Josiah Bohn
Matt Brown
Eric Ricker
Chris Jones
Josh Plumb
James Fuller
Ryan Martin
Sam Denson

Ladies
Annie Marshall
Megan Zerfas
Katie Richardson
Melissa McElreath
Denise Houseman
Angela Ostel
Ashley Scherer
Alison Tostevin

Master
John McElreath
Rob Hatch
Ian Nicoil
Scott Depanphlis
Kenny G.
Al Dargie

If you do not see you name and it should be on here please get in touch with me.  I am not perfect so I wouldn't doubt that I missed someone. 

As always looking for volunteers, and in need of an announcer.  So if anyone has someone who would like to help out, I will have a t-shirt and a ticket for them.  

Thanks Always,

Alison

jpfitness1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/14 at 12:19pm
We are good to go. Jackie should be able to help out also.
Any pregame meal the night before?
Josh Plumb
I may not be good, but I'm consistent
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/14 at 4:40pm
The pre game meal is in the works. Will let you know as soon as it's decided. Sam's wife is working in it. I promise it will not be the same place as last year.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/14 at 4:55pm
Same events as always, Alison? OStone, both weights, heavy hammer, sheaf, caber, WOB? 

Just double checking!
Jeff Kaste

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/28/14 at 7:20pm
Light hammer for the Am's!?!?!?!? Pretty please
Josh Plumb
canadianlightweight View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canadianlightweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 5:45pm
Jeff is a great pic and class act for sure,  thrown with him in fredericton top notch guy and thrower
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/30/14 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by canadianlightweight canadianlightweight wrote:

Jeff is a great pic and class act for sure,  thrown with him in fredericton top notch guy and thrower

Thank you sir! I imagine this is Bryan and I really appreciate the comment man! It was awesome throwing with you too. 
Jeff Kaste

ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/14 at 5:27am
Jeff you have the correct events!   Jp doubtful.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/31/14 at 9:01am
Bummer. No other games in New England really has the space to do the light hammer. I understand about the pros not doing it, but we are mere mortals compared to them. I will do whatever I can to keep us moving, so maybe we will have time to do it.

Also, I heard talk of splitting the Ams up, sending some of the big Ams up with the Pros. Is this still an option?
Josh Plumb
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/14 at 11:14am
Tickets have been mailed as of Tuesday! Directions to the field sent as well.   Will post below just in case the ticket doesn't get there. ! Final touches being put on the new trophies. You will have to wait for the unavailing, but trust me you will want to win one. As always if you have questions you can email at Mainehighlandathletics@yahoo.com or 207-841-6456.

Directions: Grandstand Rd. Topsham ME.  Is our entrance use this for GPS.  I will have a sign noting this is the athletes entrance.   There are two entrances to the fairground off Elm St. We will not be using the entrance we used last years.   So make sure you are turning on to Grandstands Rd. off Elm, this will allow you to park on the field.

If you are bringing others with you, you will be able to purchase tickets at the gate.  $20 for adults $5 for kids 6-12.  Under 6 free. You can still get reduced rate adult tickets online at Mainehighlandgames.org

Lunch or simple turkey sandwiches will be provided to all athletes and volunteers.

Registrations open at 7:00 am.

Amateurs, Masters, and Ladies will start at 9:00am, Pros and Super Ams at 9:30am

See you all soon,

Alison!

Edited by ATost - 8/07/14 at 4:15pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/14 at 7:29pm
Got the tickets today. Is the pre-game meal at the restaurant on the back of the tickets?
Josh Plumb
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/07/14 at 7:38pm
At the moment their is no organized pre game meal. I personally will not be up their Friday night. So I would suggest if people want to get together try the Sea Dog Brewery, Byrns Irish Pub, the restraunt on the back of the ticket I have not been to in years, it is supposed to be good. Pedro O'Hares is also an interesting mix of Mexican and Irish. Wish I could be up their at night. I will see you all Saturday.
AShedrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AShedrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/12/14 at 12:00pm
Good luck everyone! Hopefully we will see everyone next year.
Amy
ATost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/14/14 at 9:10am
How is it going out there athletes who didn't get their ticket?
thefrc View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thefrc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/15/14 at 1:31pm
Got my ticket. Life is grand.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic