Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Couples Highland Games Retreat and "Wife" Carry
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Couples Highland Games Retreat and "Wife" Carry

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flame of Idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Couples Highland Games Retreat and "Wife" Carry
    Posted: 7/08/14 at 10:19am

"Wife" Carry is Friday Night at 6pm and the games are on Saturday.

Cost to compete is $60 per couple. (Just an established relationship is fine, if not married.) Includes DINNER FRIDAY night after the Wife Carry and Lunch during the games. It also includes names on the back of the shirts. The location will be at Lava Hot Springs, Idaho.

Hotels are abundant in Lava, visit www.lavahotsprings.org and select accommodations for a list of hotels and B&B's. Where ever you decide to stay make sure to reserve the hotel early because they tend to go fast, especially during the summer. Most places have their own hot pools, as well as the main natural hot spring facility. Lava is 2 hours drive North of Salt Lake City, UT.

This will be a team challenge. Individual's best scores will be added together with their spouse's and the best combined score wins. We will not have overall prizes, instead we will have some awesome swag for everyone.

About Wife Carry:
The sport orginated in Finland around the 1800's by a man named Herkko Rosvo-Ronkainen. He lived in the forest with his band of thieves and use heavy sacks (or women from local villages) to test there endurance before he allowed them to join. More info here.
http://wife-carrying.org/ 
We will have a smaller, fun version that won't be too physically taxing.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/14 at 11:50am
Is registration limited to hetero couples? Or, can a healthy bromance register as well?
Flame of Idaho View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flame of Idaho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/14 at 12:13pm
Being that there isn't really much at stake as far as competition between the couples, any established relationship is welcome to sign up. But somebody's gotta be the "wife" for the Wife Carry LOL.
BenEdwards View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BenEdwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/14 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by phatmiked phatmiked wrote:

Is registration limited to hetero couples? Or, can a healthy bromance register as well?
Haha, that's awesome!  Now is probably a good time to tell my wife about my "other" marriage...
http://goalorientedtraining.wordpress.com/
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/08/14 at 5:02pm
I suppose you can only go so long before you run out of themes for your swinger parties.  Can't be harder to clean up than the "Life Partner Luau" of '08.
...Josh
Lance Creed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/14 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by phatmiked phatmiked wrote:

I don't know about you, but my wife is much lighter than my significant (br)other. He is pushing 280 if I had to guess.

Now if it we are talking my hetero life mate (difference between bromance material and hetero life mate material) he is only about 250.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/14 at 1:15pm
^^

Lance Creed folks...
The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/14 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

^^

Lance Creed folks...

I got bros in different area codes. Deal with it...
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/14 at 1:59pm
Can't turn a bro into a housewife...bros don't act right.
The man in the arena.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/09/14 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Duncan McCallum Duncan McCallum wrote:

Can't turn a bro into a housewife...bros don't act right.

True.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic