Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Throwing Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Rings for handles?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derousseau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rings for handles?
    Posted: 8/22/14 at 11:51pm
On the throwing weights.    What are and where would one get the rings for handles I see on the weights?
Marcelo
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/23/14 at 1:38am
Landrich Power systems would be my first choice,followed by Old Celt
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
getyoukilt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getyoukilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 12:13pm
I had a shop bend them around a piece of pipe. Cost me 20 bucks each. Landrich has a hybrid design d/ring that works very well.
"     " - Harpo Marx
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 12:23pm
Ironmind has some:

R-Ring Handle

R-Ring Handle

Use this ring weight for finger lifts, throwing or even making your own Dinnie-style stones.

No. 1258 (2 lb.) $24.95

If you need a loading pin, please see item Nos. 1313 and 1314. You can use either loading pin, but the finger ring takes the large carabiner only

Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 1:53pm
I just had a conversation with Mike Landrich on this very topic.  I have R-Rings on my weights.  They are 6" OD, which seems to be a little smaller than the ones I run across at games. 

Mike puts 7" OD rings on his weights, FWIW.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 2:08pm
It's also nice to have D handles,rings( thin and small), and triangle handles to mix it up..don't be dependent on one type of ring because when you go to a games with different handles no one wants to hear you whine
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/04/14 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

It's also nice to have D handles,rings( thin and small), and triangle handles to mix it up..don't be dependent on one type of ring because when you go to a games with different handles no one wants to hear you whine

That's so true. Whatever the AD says your throwing, throw it. You're allowed to whine when you run out of beer. Or in Kevin's case, when you're not allowed to spin on the WOB.
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic