FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Los Angeles area throwers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Los Angeles area throwers
    Posted: 8/27/14 at 9:16pm
Anybody near Los Angeles? I just heard from somebody who's looking for good caber tossers for a commercial. If you're in that area and good with a stick, send me an email (agm@highlandgames.net) and I'll pass on the info.
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/14 at 5:47am
I received this as well:

Quote My name is <removed> and I'm helping cast a commercial that shoots next month in Los Angeles for which we need experienced caber tossers.  As it's a pretty specialized skill, I thought I'd reach out and see if you might be able to point me in the right direction of any athletes who might be right or individuals to contact.  Any information you can share would be greatly appreciated!  And I'm happy to provide more information about the project as well if you like.
Thanks so much!
agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/14 at 12:09pm
Yeah, that's them.

A bit more info: commercial shoots on September 24. They're only looking for men (sorry, ladies). If you're interested, you'll have to audition, which they'll arrange individually.
agm_ View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agm_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/14 at 12:49pm
Ah, now the real info (most importantly, the money!):

it would be great if anyone interested in coming in could also capture a clip of them caber tossing on camera/cameraphone if possible. Sadly our audition space isn't quiiiiiiite big enough to do a demonstration :)

The commercial is for a Scotch company--William Lawson. Basically we're going to interrupt an existing event and turn it into a Scotch celebration--bagpipers, men in kilts, and caber tossers will arrive on the scene---a bar will be built out of logs, and we'll serve scotch to people at the event. It will be similar to this commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8p3X_dndQk

For alcohol commercials, everyone needs to be over 25--so just make sure the guys you're reaching out to are of age. They'll need to be willing to drive to LA meet with casting (though if someone is really far away, we can work out an alternative--we're reasonable human beings, after all!), but they should also willing to travel to the LA area for the shoot on Wednesday, Sept 24th. They'd be paid about $1600 for their participation if chosen for the commercial.
eclarkhb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eclarkhb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/28/14 at 3:00pm
I know some guys in Orange County - I'll shoot you an email...
Highland Games 40+ Masters Competitor &
Brazilian Jiu-jitsu Purple Belt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic