FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

The Missing Masked Elephant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Missing Masked Elephant
    Posted: 10/05/14 at 2:00am
With the 2014 wrestling season starting to finally draw to a close, I have had a number of regular readers get in touch asking why I have not posted anything about the missing elephant in the room.

Now I have to admit that I did briefly wonder why the WWE World Championships were not being staged in 2014; but then I thought, there is no need to post anything, the WWE Universe will go absolutely mental if their version of Wrestlemania was unavailable. 

Sadly I was mistaken. Once again, there are some things you just don't talk about in the wrestling world.

For me it is clear that the battle between the promoters at WCW (Webster's Championship World) and WWE (We Want Earnings) is now entering a crucial stage. 

Everybody knows that WCW was doing nicely until WWE decided that there was money to be made staging a rival world championship. Well maybe being a promoter was tougher than they thought.

While the WCW staged a great World Championships in Scotland earlier this year; the headliners in the WWE locker room have been waiting for someone to walk in and tell them the date of their next title shot. Not unexpectedly they are not happy. 

Let us be clear about who is supposed to do what. 

It is the WWE promoters responsibility to book the stadium, contact the wrestlers, build the ring, provide a ladder and ensure that the "Money in the Bank" briefcase actually has something inside it.

Not having a wrestling show is not an option. 

Wink

Edited by greynolds177 - 10/05/14 at 9:31am
A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 9:02am
The man in the arena.
greynolds177 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 9:25am
Clap
A.D.Inverness 1999-present; MWC2006, World Championships 2007, MWC2009 and MWC2014. Organiser of Guinness World Record for Caber Tossing. Scottish Masters International Hall of Fame Inductee 2014.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 2:11pm
Yawnnnnn...more crap from Wee Jerry
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 2:18pm
You cared enough to read it, comment upon it and then send me TWO private messages.

If you know where the 2013 WWE World Championships went... do share.
Ali.G View Drop Down
World Champ - ’95

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ali.G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 3:31pm
HAHA Gerry, not too long ago you were wagging your tail after Ryan and Francis thinking they were the dogs bollocks?????

You could of had the WWE at Inverness with that ridiculous amount of money you spent on the Caber Carry on EH?  £20K+  LOL.

When are you planning your next WWC? 

Maybe you could tell our small games in the north how to get this easy money to run a big budget event??
big MAC View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big MAC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/05/14 at 8:11pm
WWE booked and rolling for 2015.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 1:13am
Ali - You have until 6 Feb to submit an application to Event Scotland for a grant if you can find a food and drink focus or theme to add to your 2015 event. 

It is hardly easy money (to get) but worth the effort. 

Funding is limited and they get lots of applications.

Gerry

PS Next MWC on our radar is MWC2022. No bids planned from here for hosting either the WCW or WWE World Championships. You should throw your Games forward as a candidate.

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 1:45am
This is NASGA..which is north American Scottish games..could you please mr gerry"I'm a fidget" Reynolds refrain from your arguments about the highland games in Scotland so were not concerned about you beating your chest to overcome your height of 4-11.. Come out to a games in the US..throw the man weight more than 30 feet then we can talk..US Scottish games are great! No need for your delusional vision
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 2:34am
Nobody that I am aware of is arguing about anything to do with the Highland Games staged over here in Scotland. They ask each other questions and agree to disagree where necessary but it just does not get that heated. 

This thread is actually about questioning the credibility of an annual World Championship that did not take place in 2014; and hopefully discovering what can be done to move back to a one Pro World Championship per year system in the not too distant future. 

If IHGF are going to stage a World's every other year - that is an interesting development. It could provide an opportunity for the discovery of some much needed common ground. 

thegnome View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thegnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 7:31am
I kind of wish you could find another analogy, my family has done lots of work for the WWE (the real one) and they are a great organization that treats their employees well.
Andrew G

Vada a bordo CAZZO!!!!
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 9:30am
Noted.

EWW is now born

Expenses We Want

Approve
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 9:35am
PS 

I once went to see the WWF and asked my pal the manager of the venue when the show would end so I could book a taxi.

"10.29 and 30 seconds" he said.

Rick Flair won and the lights went on at 10.29 and 30 seconds.

Wink

Lance Creed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lance Creed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by greynolds177 greynolds177 wrote:

PS Next MWC on our radar is MWC2022. No bids planned from here for hosting either the WCW or WWE World Championships. You should throw your Games forward as a candidate.

Does this mean no MWC in Scotland until 2022? Or is another site planning on hosting this event in between now and 2022?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greynolds177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/14 at 5:03pm
Lance - I am unaware of any other communities interested in hosting a future MWC; but that doesn't mean to say that there aren't any. 

I just haven't been talking to any other Scottish Games Committees since MWC2014. 

Re MWC2022 it should be noted that a substantial number of things have all to be lined up neatly over here; before we can even think about submitting an application to act as hosts again. 

Unhappy

Edited by greynolds177 - 10/06/14 at 5:54pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic