FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

SGL/TACS Sheaf Fork/Boot Blades Fundraiser

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SGL/TACS Sheaf Fork/Boot Blades Fundraiser
    Posted: 10/11/14 at 11:02pm
Ok folks, here we go again.  This is the latest installment in the SGL/TACS Fundraiser Series.

This time around we will raise funds to support someone receiving a custom made fork from Duncan McCallum, like the one in the photo below, and a set of boot blades from Tom Lawrence, like the set in the photo below.  Duncan says he will set it up to your specifications; paint it, put grip on the handle, even go two tine as opposed to three tine if you swing that way.  And, Tom will set the bolt holes in the blades to your specs so they fit your boot and have the amount of "overhang" that you want.

While this is not a "raffle", because PayPal frowns on that sort of thing, we will be accepting donations of $5. For the first $5 donation you will receive one consideration for the fork and blades, and a TACS sticker as "swag".  For each additional $5 donation you will receive an equal number of considerations.

Here is a link to the rally:  SGL/TACS Sheaf Fork and Boot Blades Swag Rally!

Huge Thanks go out to Duncan and Tom.  We appreciate you fellas.

And, the TACS sticker:

As always, the SGL and TACS appreciate your support of the Heavy Events and Highland Games.

Edited by phatmiked - 10/11/14 at 11:51pm
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/13/14 at 11:22am
All three of you gentlemen are class acts. Now if we can get Duncan to donate a pair of sheaf stands....
Jim Dougherty

Ned Pepper: I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.

Rooster Cogburn: Fill your hands, you son of a bitch.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/14 at 12:09pm
Thanks for hanging on to that blackmail material, Jim.    LOL

BUMP

Don't miss your chance to pick up a custom fork and blades for as little as $5!!  Both items go to the winner!
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/14 at 3:46pm
Mike, I copied your post to a new post in "Newbies." you have to market to those guys that need equipment, that are clueless how to get forks and blades. --Jim
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/16/14 at 10:05pm
Thanks, Jim.

Are you going to be at Austin SF on Saturday?  Got a sticker for you.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/17/14 at 9:20am
Mike, I will be at Austin on Sunday. See you there.
Jim Dougherty

Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/14 at 11:54am
Mike we just hit the century mark. I can't believe folks will not invest $5 for a chance to win custom fork and hammer blades.
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/14 at 3:19pm
Well, we just have to keep reminding them, Jim!

11 days left.  Don't miss your chance at the fork and boot blades.  The link for the fundraiser is listed below:

SGL/TACS Sheaf Fork and Boot Blades Fund Raiser
TomLawrence View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/14 at 1:01pm
Mike,

I donated, but do not put my name in the hat for the raffle.  Just doing my part for the sport.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/14 at 7:31pm
Thanks, Tom!

Your support is appreciated.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/14 at 8:01am
Bump!

Get on it people.  The Riddle of Steel* could be yours for $5.

*Note:  This statement has not been validated by the SGL or TACS, and no guarantees as to entry into Valhalla or graceful egress from any Trees of Woe are implied.  Crom laughs at your terms and conditions.
Aim high. Stay hungry.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/14 at 9:57am
We are getting closer. Tom, I am going to win this one for sure, I like long blades.   
Jim Dougherty

mpac View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mpac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/14 at 5:27pm
There you go, Mike. I threw my hat in the ring for two chances to win. I'm actually more interested in supporting other Highland Games organizations.
Rich McClain

JUST SHUT UP AND THROW!
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/14 at 8:42pm
We are now at goal with 4 more days to go.
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/14 at 9:50am
Last day to get your entries in. Don't miss a chance to win a custom fork and hammer blades!!
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/12/14 at 7:49pm
The entry period has closed.  Thank you to all who entered and provided support to the Scottish Games League and the Highland Games.

The drawing will take place tomorrow.  Stay tuned to find out who the winner is . . .
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 7:36pm
And, the winner is . . .

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/14 at 9:21pm
Mike -- I sent you a PM with info for how Roger can contact me to get his boot blades going.

Woot!  The goal was met.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/14 at 2:41pm
Yes sir!  Thanks, again , to you and Duncan for donating the custom implements for the fundraiser.  Truly appreciated,
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/14 at 11:51am
Thank you Mike. The TACS award ceremony at Salado was the bomb. Im so happy to support recognition of the sport and athletes. P.S. I am going to ask you son for coaching on the caber.
Jim Dougherty

phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/14 at 5:27pm
haha   he's pretty good
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/14 at 10:46pm
Roger sent me his boot measurements today, so I adjourned out to the metal shop this evening and crafted him these:

Congratulations again man.  I hope you like them when you get them, and I hope they serve you well.

BTW -- if anybody else is interested in a set of blades, send me a PM and I will get you some info.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/03/14 at 7:32am
Thanks, again, Tom. And, congratulations, again, to Roger.

We'll have another fundraiser in the near future.
Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:32pm
Tom, those look great. I'm not sure if you sell blades but if you do can I send a request sometime after Christmas? Jim
Jim Dougherty

Moosie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moosie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:33pm
Mike, I had a great time this year throwing but the end of season awards to the athletes was the highlight. Next year we have to move your tent out of hammer range. Jim
Jim Dougherty

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomLawrence Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/16/14 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by Moosie Moosie wrote:

Tom, those look great. I'm not sure if you sell blades but if you do can I send a request sometime after Christmas? Jim

I do.  PM sent.

Tom
Aim high. Stay hungry.
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/14 at 6:24pm
Jim, thanks.  It was a lot of fun to develop.  i think we may see a different field layout next year that allows the spectators greater access to the throwers as well as the SGL tent.

Tom, thanks again for the support.

We have another raffle/fundraiser coming up soon.

As well as some big announcements about the SGL . . .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic