Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Looking for a XXL Sport Kilt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongmanjayh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a XXL Sport Kilt
    Posted: 4/11/15 at 9:20pm
Hello,

I am completely new to this and would like to know if anyone has a XXL Sport kilt they may wanna part with.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 5:04am
being that you know how to use the internet by getting here why not go to www.sportkilt.com and see if you can order one. I sure they have XXL(and you would probably be able to order a specific tartan too)Wink
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
strongmanjayh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongmanjayh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 7:45am
Thank you. I didn't specify enough. I have never worn a kilt and wanted to make sure a 2xl will fit without paying 100+ bucks.
MrPeanut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrPeanut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 7:58am
Or www.tactikilt.com. Their prices are reasonable.

You'll have a hard time with the under $100 part for an XXL pretty much anywhere.
Even a broken old man can learn to throw a hammer. I ain't dead yet!
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 8:11am
Never seen it at a games but did see one games application recently which specifically said no kilts with external pockets( ie; utilkilts and tactikilts)
JUST BRING IT /

Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 2:05pm
Welcome to the sport! Always great to have you!

My favorite kilt (before I had one made for me) is from Stillwater Kilts.  Can't beat the pricing, and they wear really nice. They also are more "traditional," which makes things easier (international comps, games specific dress codes, although few).

bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 2:11pm
I second Dan McKim on the Stillwater kilts... Great Quality and customer service. They once over nighted a kilt to me and didn't charge me for the shipping!

http://store.stillwaterkilts.com/
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Beth B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beth B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/12/15 at 10:47pm
Where are you located?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongmanjayh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/15 at 8:12am
Beth B, I am located near Memphis, TN.

Dan and Big Irish will this work for my first kilt and games?
https://stillwaterkilts.3dcartstores.com/mobile/Buchanan-Tartan-Thrifty-Kilt_p_91.html
Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/13/15 at 11:49pm
That's almost certainly fine IMO; and I absolutely third Stillwater. 
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/15 at 7:48am
Originally posted by Jeff Ingram Jeff Ingram wrote:

That's almost certainly fine IMO; and I absolutely third Stillwater. 

+1 and +4. 
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/15 at 11:34am
Yep! Good luck! 
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/14/15 at 7:52pm
JayH   Their sizing is different than sportkilt. 
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain
getyoukilt View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getyoukilt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/15 at 5:17am
I have kilts from 4 different makes and the sizing is different from every one of them. We ordered three from Stillwater and ended up sending two back because of the sizing. (All the makers I have used are good about returns) Also every kilt I have has had the buckles adjusted an inch or so to accommodate. Order sooner so you have time to swap. If you can find a local game,and have time, go and try on other athletes or vendors kilts.
"     " - Harpo Marx

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongmanjayh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/15 at 10:38am
I went ahead and ordered the biggest size still water had.  I measured in at 57" so went with the 58-61 just on case.  I plan to use this one in practice and probably my first games, but i will get a custom from sport kilt for sure.

MikeL- I hope the sizes arent to off as I hate returning items....
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:27pm
57 inches. Yikes your a bigun! Lol. No way a XXL would fit ya. More like XXXL. Lol. It's all good
JUST BRING IT /

Jeff Ingram View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Ingram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/15 at 4:12pm
Yeah that XXL from Sportkilt would definitely not make it.
mike landrich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike landrich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/15/15 at 8:52pm
xxl from sportkilt is supposed to go to 56"
"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level and win by experience"-Mark Twain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strongmanjayh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/20/15 at 10:55am
thanks Mike,  I am getting ready and believe i am doing a games this weekend in MS as my first one.  I am just going to hope I learn how to throw and get a feel for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic