Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

"The Warrior Breed" by Dr. Douglas Edmunds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Call me Beauregard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: "The Warrior Breed" by Dr. Douglas Edmunds
    Posted: 12/14/15 at 9:52am
HG Community,

Douglas Edmunds has recently released his third book, "The Warrior Breed", which focuses greatly on the history of Scotland and how the Highland Games evolved from the olden days of a warring culture. As copies of his two previous books "The World's Greatest Tosser" and "Giants and Legends" are hard to find outside of the UK, I gave Dougie a hand in publishing it here to help him reach a wider audience of athletes and fans of both the games and of Celtic history.

Among those featured in the book are the tales of the great men of yesterday and today including Robert the Bruce, Alasdair McColla, Rob Roy, Donald Dinnie, George Clark, Sir Tommy MacPherson, Arthur Rowe, Laurie Bryce, Niall MacDonald, Bill and Grant Anderson, (Sir) Hamish Davidson, Alistair Gunn, Bruce Aitken, Scott Rider, Sean Betz, Dan McKim, Matt Vincent and countless others.

Enjoy!

Beau
"Some people like to go out dancing... other people like us, we gotta work." -Lou Reed
phatmiked View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatmiked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/18/15 at 9:33am
This is awesome.

Merry Christmas to me!!
Beau Fay View Drop Down
Call me Beauregard.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beau Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 1/12/16 at 2:20pm
Thank you everyone for the feedback I've received so far.

Great news - the book is now available on Kindle for only $7.99.  A must read for any and all athletes interested in the history of our sport.

http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-Breed-Dr-Douglas-Edmunds/dp/0692590978/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452629601&sr=8-1&keywords=the+warrior+breed

"Some people like to go out dancing... other people like us, we gotta work." -Lou Reed
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic