Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

2016 LW Womens North American Championship

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote litlchiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2016 LW Womens North American Championship
    Posted: 3/27/16 at 11:07am
Moab Scottish Festival in Moab Ut will host the 2016 Lightweight Womens North American Championship. Dates are November 4-6. The top 10-12 U.S. LW Women will be invited to attend by the end of August. The rankings will be based off of rankings in NASGA. If athletes decline an invite the next athlete on the rankings will be invited. For more info contact Scott Chisholm at scott@utahheavyathletics.com

Edited by litlchiz - 3/27/16 at 11:59am
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/16 at 3:45pm
DISCLAIMER: Ask anyone I am one of the hugest supporters of women's heavy athletics so I am far from anti-women in sports/strength events!  
But seeing this event first thought is their a need/demand for a LW women's championships? Second with more and more of these championships it's getting watered down ala Powerlifting. IMO championships that are recognized by majority of people and friends I know 
Masters Worlds-MWC run by Scottish Masters
Open Pro Worlds-Webster Cup
Women's World Champs-Arizona HG in phoenix
US PRO national championships-The CELTIC@ Bethlehem,Pa
North American Championships-the games in the Pacific Northwest(im tired and enjoying a relaxing time/cant remembr the AD
U.S Heavy Invitational -Pleasonton
That's my list of championships( I know people will also say the Men's LW worlds,and no offense to my little friends but whatever and some jabroni will mention SGA games and Kraemer but am mentioning only USA and North america)

OK let the LW females start their criticism....
JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
WALLY.OLECIK View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/16 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by dWood dWood wrote:

North American Championships-the games in the Pacific Northwest(im tired and enjoying a relaxing time/cant remembr the AD

The Games = the Pacific Northwest Scottish Highland Games & Clan Gathering
The venue = Enumclaw, WA, USA also known as "the Claw"
The AD(s) = Wally Olecik & Ken Shaw
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no 'try!'" Yoda
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/16 at 8:42pm
OK sorry Wally. Got home and got out of my deviled egg/peeps induced coma(brain cloud) but yes the Claw(Eumeclaw) is the recognized championship for the North Americans!
JUST BRING IT /

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:10pm
iNo problema, dW!

*Note - the Surgeon General has determined that combining deviled eggs with Peeps can have a detrimental effect on a person's memory!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/27/16 at 9:26pm
Haha. LOL
JUST BRING IT /

bigirish01 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 9:55am
Just Curious.... I understand having a LW Womens Worlds... my question would be Can they use the title North American Championship?
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 11:04am
Yes they can. No governing body to rule otherwise. But real athletes know where the REAL North American championships is(the claw/run by Wally)
JUST BRING IT /

litlchiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote litlchiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:34pm
This is not in anyway trying to take over the name for Enumclaw. This is for lightweight women only and we want to include any canadians as well. If wally has a problem with it, I'm sure he will tell me. Trying to do something good for a group of athletes and everybody has something to bitch about.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:39pm
Whos's complaining? Just makin sure it goes well and doesn't run into trouble along the way. Lighten up.....
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
Ryan Stewart View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 12:56pm
Does Wally have LW women at the claw?
John Gallagher- "MASS MOVES MASS"
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Ryan Stewart Ryan Stewart wrote:

Does Wally have LW women at the claw?

Nope
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:03pm
Should be no problem here then. Any issue with this Wally?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigirish01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:04pm
Why not just call it the LW Women's World Championships.. is there one of those?
Just Don't call it the LW Women's Western Continental Divide Northern Hemisphere world Championships... I have a Trademark on that... ;)
Jay "Big Daddy" O'Neill
litlchiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote litlchiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:09pm
HAHAHA thats to long for me to even say, you are safe Jay. I don't have the budget to make it a world championship

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 1:09pm
Lol! Amen Jay. That is yours haha! I think because there's travel money involved and they can't afford to bring anyone in from outside north America.
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 3:15pm
thought stolen from C.Smith 

since womens weights are generally 1/2 of the mens weight does this mean that the LW womens cutoff will be 100lbs?????mens is 200lbs so 1/2 would be 100 right/
JUST BRING IT /

C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 6:17pm
^^ This discussion falls on deaf ears Dan (ask me how I know...), despite many of the best women HG athletes EVER easily (and have for other sports) being able to make the cut.

It's not proportional to the men's LW division, at all.  I can understand (kinda) a 200lbs man not wanting to throw against a 300lbs man (which is the typical weight of a good male pro).  But, I can't understand a 150lbs woman actively trying to not throw against a 160-180lbs woman.  That math... Wacko
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WALLY.OLECIK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/29/16 at 10:24pm
"Can they use the title North American Championship?"
iNo problema!  The Claw has no trademark on the name!  lt's only the North American because Ryan Vierra thought that it should be.  l think that we've proved it over the past ten years!

"Does Wally have LW women at the Claw?"
No, because of the lack of space.  The same reason that we don't have LW Men.  Just the top classes; Elite, Class A, and MastersBoth men and women.

"lf Wally has a problem with it, l'm sure he will tell me."
"Any issue with this Wally?"
No problem on my end as long as it is an event worthy of the title!!!
16lb-hammer(at)sshga.org

Damien Fisher View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Damien Fisher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/16 at 10:39am
I think the idea of a championship is cool, but are there enough good LW women to make this a quality competition? And what qualifies as "national" caliber marks for them? I don't know about the rest of the country/Canada, but in my area only a few games that even have LW women's classes. I imagine the talent pool isn't very large or deep.
Bill Boyd View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bill Boyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/16 at 2:20pm
I also think this is known as the Hot Chicks (LW) World Championship (HCWC).
litlchiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote litlchiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/01/16 at 6:13pm
There is not a large pool of athletes, that's why we are doing US and Canada instead of just US, then there will be more to pull from. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic