Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Newbie
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Massachusetts, Worcester area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrench2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Massachusetts, Worcester area
    Posted: 4/24/16 at 7:18pm
Hello,
    I'm wondering if there is any athletes in the Worcester area that could answer some questions, and possibly train with. I'm a beginner, who has zero experience in any of the events. Any help and info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

-Tom

Edited by tfrench2432 - 4/24/16 at 8:00pm
jpfitness1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/26/16 at 12:37pm
Tom, there are a few of us in the Worcester area. I'm actually in Auburn. Where are you? How did you find out about our wonderfully strange sport? I'm doing a strongman competition this weekend, then I will be getting into throwing mode.
Josh Plumb
I may not be good, but I'm consistent
tfrench2432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tfrench2432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/29/16 at 10:19am
I'm out of Grafton. Ive been to the highland games once, and my parents go all the time, so I've seen some of the events and have always been interested. Not really sure which one I would do yet. Do you all train together? Also, will you be at the Sheldon's strong man this weekend?
AlDargie View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AlDargie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/30/16 at 6:31am
Highland games is different from Track in this aspect as you don't specialize in 1 or 2 events.  Games could host up to 9 events and you would need to compete in all for any hopes of placement.
Dyin' ain't much of a living, boy. - Outlaw Josey Wales
jakemble2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jakemble2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/26/16 at 6:23pm
Hey now  

I'm in Holden...just got back from Hattiesburg MS and throwing with my friend....my first time

Looking for training partners in the area...this is good stuff, and I want in
jpfitness1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpfitness1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/16 at 8:03am
I'll possibly be getting some throwing in this fall/winter tof prepare for a competition in Florida in January. I'll try to let you know on here, or find me on Facebook

Josh Plumb
Josh Plumb
I may not be good, but I'm consistent
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic