Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Florida highland games?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Florida highland games?
    Posted: 6/27/16 at 12:34am
I'm entertaining the idea of competing while on vacation in Florida next year. I'll be down around end of February into beginning of March. I'm wondering which games is a good one to enter.

Also, I've never thrown sheaf, nor do I have a fork. What should I do about that? Are forks easy to get?
dWood View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/27/16 at 3:50am
General rule of thumb is that any athlete will let you use their fork during the comp(as long as you treat the fork with respect)...havent seen anyone say no in 20+years

JUST BRING IT /

SPEED KILLS..BUT STRENGTH PUNISHES
KTDupuis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KTDupuis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/27/16 at 8:32am
There are plenty of forks down here in FL, and someone (everyone) will let you use theirs. No need to buy or ship one for this trip.

Most of the games during that time frame are run by the same guy. So the quality of competition will be consistent. The question of which game to attend would probably have more to do with where you will be during that time.

Shoot me a PM if you have questions.
Kevin
"I have a right to my opinion, and my opinion is that you have no right to your opinion" - G. Carlin
Alaska View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6/27/16 at 1:08pm
I can't say that I didn't expect such generosity and hospitality fr1om HG throwers, but it's good that my assumptions were confirmed. Great sport to be a part of.

Kevin, I'll shoot you a message once I know exactly when I'm coming down. My family lives in Lake Wales, so I'm pretty central to pretty much everything.

There's another Alaskan thrower down that way, if I'm not mistaken. Name's Patterson. I've never met him, though
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic