Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Spring Fling Pro/Am 2017

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring Fling Pro/Am 2017
    Posted: 9/12/16 at 11:39pm
I have started the planing for next year. Still going for second weekend in April, so Saturday the 8th in 2017. I will not be having a clinic the day before as I now have the MAK Clinic series that is expanding to 8+ next year.

Still having the Pro/Am team competition with all the regular classes as well. For sure we will have:
-Men's A, B, C, Masters 40-49, Masters 50+, Lightweight <200
-Women's A, B, Masters 40-49, Masters 50+

Same as last year, each class must have 4 people or it will be rolled up in the closest appropriate class. The Pro/Am will have 1 Pro and at least 1 female and 1 male amateur. More can be added as long as there are enough of the same type of class.

The games are expanding to be a small festival as well. Vendors and Clan tents will be there. Working on other entertainment and I will update as things are solidified.
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 6:18am
Where is this event at?
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 7:46am
Originally posted by AndrewK51 AndrewK51 wrote:

Where is this event at?

This year was in Papillion, NE (near Omaha).
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
asooneyeonig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 9:26am
Here is the facebook page for the games with more details:
https://www.facebook.com/springflinghighlandgames/

BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 12:03pm
This competition was a blast last year. The food alone was worth the trip! Mmmmmm bacon burgers nom nom nom
Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:31pm
Chuck and Sirloin ground up with bacon. They were not just hamburgers, they were steak burgers. It was like a slice of heaven was thrust upon your tongue. 

still working on what we are doing for food next year. i will do my best to make sure it is just as good as last year. 
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/16 at 5:10am
Sounds awesome. This is within driving distance for me, so I'll have to keep a look out come spring time!
DJTennison View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DJTennison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/16 at 7:54am
I'll be driving up from Wichita on that Friday, Andrew, so if you carpooling helps, we can figure something out. we'll talk closer to time. 

Josh, this sounds awesome man!! Bring on the food and good times. 
AndrewK51 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndrewK51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:59am
Originally posted by DJTennison DJTennison wrote:

I'll be driving up from Wichita on that Friday, Andrew, so if you carpooling helps, we can figure something out. we'll talk closer to time. 

Josh, this sounds awesome man!! Bring on the food and good times. 

Sounds good. We'll be in touch when it gets closer.

Good luck this weekend!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asooneyeonig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/15/16 at 9:44am
For anyone that was at my first games, i am working on bringing back the smoked brisket and pulled pork for next years lunch. If there was any meal that would be better than the steak/bacon burgers of last year, it would be this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic