Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » Throwing Only
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

WOB Bar

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kungfucattle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOB Bar
    Posted: 10/02/18 at 8:14am
What have people done for a DIY WOB Bar set up for practice?
Pogany View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pogany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/02/18 at 4:36pm
Aluminum ladder ..... two steel fence post driven into ground ....four hose clamps to attach ladder to posts .... short length of pipe inserted into rung .... adjusts in one foot increments - works like a charm

JustinBlatnik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JustinBlatnik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/04/18 at 9:14pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHD2G0Vdzsw&t=3s

Literally this
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/18 at 12:42pm
2 ten foot 1/2" metal pipes
2 ten foot 1" pvc
2 1" T ends
1 ten foot 2" Pvc
some rebar and plastic clips (i did upgrade to a screw that i welded to a ring)

I welded rebar to the bottom of the metal pipes for 3 legs and then one that will stick straight down in the ground.
I glued the PVC T's to the top of the 1" pvc pipes and then made the 2" pipe fit over that for the standard, then i slid the 1" PVC over the metal pipe.  
Someone helps you walk it up, stick it in the ground and then you're good to go to at least 18' by sliding the 1" PVC pipe up and clamping to the metal pipe.

Dirk W. Myers
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/18 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by hoss1 hoss1 wrote:

2 ten foot 1/2" metal pipes
2 ten foot 1" pvc
2 1" T ends
1 ten foot 2" Pvc
some rebar and plastic clips (i did upgrade to a screw that i welded to a ring)

I welded rebar to the bottom of the metal pipes for 3 legs and then one that will stick straight down in the ground.
I glued the PVC T's to the top of the 1" pvc pipes and then made the 2" pipe fit over that for the standard, then i slid the 1" PVC over the metal pipe.  
Someone helps you walk it up, stick it in the ground and then you're good to go to at least 18' by sliding the 1" PVC pipe up and clamping to the metal pipe.

Any pictures?
Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
throw50 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote throw50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 8:45am
the best idea I got was a rope, a ball and a measurement tape. 
Throw the ball with rope attached over a tree limb, let it down, attach tape, pull to desired height, secure rope.   Hit ball with weight.  Repeat as necessary.
simple, portable
(design credit...Hapy?)
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 12:15pm
Dirk W. Myers
hoss1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoss1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/18 at 2:57pm
had difficulty b/c of the size of picture it would allow

Dirk W. Myers
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic