Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » A.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Light weight Division

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Light weight Division
    Posted: 2/08/07 at 11:55am

Light weight Division is defined as 190 and under for non masters (under 40) and 200 and under for Masters. 

When having an open class of light weights (both masters and non masters), what definition do I use?  190 for those under 40 and 200 for those over.  Unfair advantage to some one who is 40.  Would it be helpful to combine the class like they do for horses - weight for age. 

Age  Weight
<=40   190
41       191
42       192
43       193
and so on
49        199
50+       200

Of course then there is all the records stuff to worry about.

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
wallyworld View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wallyworld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/08/07 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by McSanta McSanta wrote:

When having an open class of light weights (both masters and non masters)...  Unfair advantage to some one who is 40.

Written like one who is over 40!  Being over 40 is an advantage how?

Originally posted by McSanta McSanta wrote:

Of course then there is all the records stuff to worry about.

That would not be a problem.  A 40 year old at 190 lbs is still "200 lbs and under" and any record would count!

I think you've hit on a good plan for when there's not enuf' 190 & unders and Masters 200 & under to give each their separate groups!!  I personally wouldn't worry about it and would just combine the 190's and 200's together.  Less explaining on the entry form that way!!!

McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/11/07 at 12:53pm

Leave it to me to either over think or over complicate something!

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic