Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Cholesterol and high blood pressure

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/15/17 at 6:33am
So 12 years ago you posted about having serious medical issues (weight and hypertension and lipid profile) and eventually needed a kindey transplant?

And since that kidney transplant you still have done nothing consistent to improve yourself and let yourself weigh even more?

That seems like a less than optimal approach to wanting to live longer, assuming you do.  
throw50 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote throw50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/17 at 9:28am
I was 320 lbs until my blood sugar transitioned from a lifetime of 'borderline" to downright scary.  If things like blindness and amputation aren't words to get your attention, what else could be?

I dropped down to 260, and I've been there for a while now.  I feel better, not magically better, but better.  The biggest symptom I have is fear.  Its scary being "small", and there is a real, psychological impact I've had to come to terms with.  Additionally, my throws are 30% down from typical...so every games is a constant reminder that I am "small"

But I feel good, I want to live long, I want the later years of my life to be active.  I still suffer from bouts of being lazy...of not throwing, not lifting..eating crap food..so there is no magic AHA moment that changes you forever...its a constant process...and some days I fail.
Sammy68123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sammy68123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/17 at 4:46pm
Hi friend,

Please stop comparing your performance to your previous self!  Have fun, don't get hurt!  And you don't have any control over who else shows up to throw and how good they are that day.

I've seen that many of the heaviest throwers (like your previous self?) can muscle the implements  around with their weight and brute strength: little consideration of technique.  Focusing more on technique now can be a goal that gives more satisfaction instead of lamenting your new smallness.

Take pride in the consistency you build in following your new lifestyle habits!

JMHO.

Teresa Merrick
Bellevue, NE
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic