Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Great Day at St. Louis

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Great Day at St. Louis
    Posted: 10/06/07 at 3:46pm

To all those throwing at St. Louis, just wanted to say it was a great day.  From what I could tell, everyone had a good time.  The Bs was a competetive grouping with a three way tie for 2nd.  Congratulations to Luke Hilgers on his win.

Looking forward to seeing all of you out there next season.

Ed
Edward View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edward Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/07 at 3:47pm

And a very hearty thank you and good job to Scott, Jim, and Joe for putting on another top notch games.

Special thanks to Merle for ably judging our flight.

Ed
Yoder View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yoder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/07 at 5:37pm

I agree... Great Day all around.  Hope everyone made it home safe!  good to see all of you, but some more than others.

Thanks to all who made it possible!

=Travis= View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote =Travis= Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/07 at 1:22pm

I'll also add my thanks. Great day, great games. It sure was a warm day and I've got a hell of a sunburn to show how sunny it was. B Group was good. I improved a in a couple events but not enough to be in that three way tie. Got to meet some good people.

Thanks to all for the great day.

littleone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/07 at 7:36pm

We must remember a few things here my dears:

Keep Andy Kessinger in your thoughts and positive healing vibs after being grazed down the back with a caber. He is fine except for being very very very sore and bruised. Thinking about you Andy!! Hope you survived Jen in the ride home, glad i wasnt in that Jeep!

Big Ole Man Dean Ross recieved "Athlete of the Year" of which I helped with the presentation,  and was given a huge crystal vase (looked more like a punch bowl! or in Dean's case, a new cereal bowl!) by the President of Logan Chiropractic University. Congrats Dean!

Also, the new set up at the new field was great!! Thanks to Scott and Ann Runnels for all their work and Jim Deters for keeping things fixed!and for hauling all the equipment plus that pile of 40 something cabers! And to the rest of the wonderful people who pitched in to help with the fields! Kudos!

To the ladies classes!! We had a good day and was glad to see some new faces there! Chuck Teas was our ever pacient judge, thanks Vicki for letting us boss him around! He didnt have a chance to miss you! LOL!!!

Thanks to Lori Henderson for keeping up with all the judges and the scores and all the other things that she does!

Thank to the Pro's James Parman, Dan McKim and John Gallagher.

It was good to see everybody who showed for St Louis glad to see lots more new faces! See ya down the road!

As this year closes for me, I want to just tell you all that even though I have had a less than positive year and was unable to attend other new games and am uncertain about my ablity to travel much next year, I will be with all of you in spirit and will be cheering you all on anyway! I will be in KC for sure, and St Louis for sure, but not sure past that right now. (Life changes happen and you move on)
Girls across the US and Canada and other reaches where this board is read, look for up coming events and please feel free to email me anytime about ideas, suggestions, thoughts complaints about anything with the girls part of the sport. I will be sending questions out to the Sistierhood of the Traveling Kilt so look for these emails. It wont be for a couple of weeks, but they will be coming to an email near you!|

Throw high, throw far!
Love

Sister Badger

"Lead, Follow or get the Hell outta my way!"
=Travis= View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote =Travis= Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 5:06am
Originally posted by littleone littleone wrote:

Big Ole Man Dean Ross recieved "Athlete of the Year" of which I helped with the presentation,  and was given a huge crystal vase (looked more like a punch bowl! or in Dean's case, a new cereal bowl!) by the President of Logan Chiropractic University. Congrats Dean!

This was cool. I got to meet him in Kansas City as he threw for fun with the C's just to get some practice before he threw the next day with the masters. I hope to be doing as well as he when I'm his age. He was fun to have along with us and to learn from him. Congratulations Dean.

Hope you're doing better Andy.

Lori got the scores posted already this morning. That was fast. Thanks Lori.

Lori Henderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lori Henderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 5:14am

It was very nice to see all of you, just wish I had more time to talk!  Scorekeeping and Grandma duties did not jive very well this year to allow for much conversation.  Oh well, the trip to the Zoo with Anne on Friday was worth the effort to bring the little guy.  He kept saying all the way home he wanted to go back there.

I have posted the scores this morning; had some extra time to kill so got it done.  As always, watch for any mistakes and just let me know.  I am impressed by many of you that have really jumped to another level; keep it up!

A sincere Thank You to all the athletes that continue to support the Games with Festivals across the country and especially in the Midwest.  As an AD and member of my own Game in KC, there is a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes to coordinate with all the other groups that are involved.  With many of us it is a joint effort and we travel to help each other out many times a year.  We truly appreciate all the Athlete's continued support!

Looking forward to seeing many of you in 2008. 

Lori

MacD View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 6:49am

Thanks to the guys in St. Louis (Dan, Jim, Scott) for working so hard to get everything set up for us, and to all the hard work Lori and others did to keep everyone on track and up to date with scoring, etc.  Gerry did another fine job m.c.'ing, although I think I have most of his jokes memorized by now.  ;)

Oh, and congrats to all the winners and to everyone who got a PR or two!  (great job Yoder, master caber flipper!)

Hope to see some of you in Kirksville in a few weeks.

-Deb Dial

F*%#'in SHEAF!
Chad U View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chad U Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 11:20am

I just wanted to thank everyone involved also.  Scott, Ann, Jim and all others did a great job with the field, equipment, another great lunch.  I have pictures of Andy's back, he's got a nice strawberry.  It could have been much worse, big top heavy caber. 

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 11:26am
I have to concur all all the great comments.  St. Louis is a top-flight games, one of the most athlete-friendly ones you'll ever be in.  Thanks Scott and all your crew for a marvelous time and a great venue to get some great throIws in.  I think there were a total of five standards!  Amazing!  I don't think any group was waiting around all day, just a great time.

Also, the "Gateway Cabermen" can really churn out the cabers!  I think only one broke all day, and all in all there were in excess of 25 cabers.  Each class had about five or six cabers to choose from, which is always a plus.

If you've never made your way to the St. Louis games, you need to.  Next year.  Put it on your calendar.  You will not be disappointed.

I have to say thanks to James Parman, John Gallagher and Chad Ullom for helping me in the sheaf.  These guys "coached me up" to a four foot PR Saturday.  Guys, I've watched the video of myself, and I can totally see the difference you were talking about.  Thanks.

>Daniel
Steve-o View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve-o Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 11:45am

Just wanted to say thanks to Scott and crew for a well run Highland Games.  The experience of being at the St. Louis games more than made up for the 9 hour drive to and from NW Iowa.  The camaraderie and competition between the B-class throwers was great.

Watching Dan go for his Sheaf PR was awesome.  His successful attempt at 31' cleared the bar with what looked like 2 feet of space.  It was great seeing the crowd and other throwers cheer him on.

Thanks again for an excellent games.  Looking forward to competing again at St. Louis next year.

Steve Schmidt

Virescit vulnere virtus
kover View Drop Down

Top 10 in the USA - '03-'11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 1:21pm
PARMAN COACHED MCKIM IN THE SHEAF.  holy cow that is crazy on many levels.  Would you not agree Mr Brock
LarryBrock View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - ’10

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LarryBrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/08/07 at 1:26pm

Yeah brother I would have to agree........wee Jimmy must be getting soft in his old age. ahahahahahaha

Brock

"No man Is entirely worthless, he can always serve as a bad example" Brian Oldfield
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic