Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Event order

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dflanagan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Event order
    Posted: 2/19/05 at 7:22am
Besides tradition, what is the rationale behind the usual order in which the events are competed?  What are the arguments against changing the order?
seckmrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seckmrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/21/05 at 2:29pm

I would have to say that you have to take 2 things into consideration when making a schedule..

One - the athletes- in that you need to keep a steady flow to the events as well as spacing out heavy and light events as to allow for peak performance.

2- for the crowd- again a steady flow is crucial to keeping the crowds interest.  I feel that the traditional schedule does that.  Keeping the events at the start as a type of warmup IE) stones, then hammers, weights and finish with caber or weight over bar as the athletes and the crowd are really into the outcome of each event as it comes down to the wire. 

in our games we have 6 or so classes each day so we use the traditional for the A and WOrld Champ class and then rotate other classes around that.  It makes for a very "eye pleasing" event.

But as I am sure you know if you have athletes who love the games and a crowd that enjoys watching others have fun you can't go wrong with any rotation.

Just my 2 cents..

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic