Nasgaweb Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home » Nasgaweb Forums » A.D.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Insurance...again.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Insurance...again.
    Posted: 7/16/08 at 8:17am

Thoughts.  Ideas.  Places to get independent event insurance.  Cost associated.  Implements that may be waived.  Any insights at all would help.

Thanks

Jeff Chapman
www.indycrossfit.com
www.hoosierscots.com
weaselking View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/16/08 at 11:30am
Our group has only been able to get independent policies for $350-$400.  Generally, we look for a host to put us on their insurance.  What we haven't found is someone to provide insurance for the season.
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
tulsa athletics View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tulsa athletics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/18/08 at 6:43pm
in tulsa we have two different ins on that cover the games liability aand then we have rain ins to cover cost so we do not lose money
oklahoma scottish festival http://www.tulsascottishgames.org/
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/21/08 at 12:30pm

Rain/weather Insurance generally has a a minimum premium of about $500.  This may or may not buy enough coverage. 

The amount of rain and time of day drives the cost factor which is used to multiply to the desired benefit amount to derive the premium.

Benefit amount we used is based on rain out we had before coverage and is an estimate of expenses not covered at the end of the day if the games suffers a complete rains out.

Time period for QC games is 8:00 to noon as this is the period which determines whether people will show or not.  We usually pic the smallest rain amount as the coverage desired generally generates a premium smaller than the minimum.  We have had to insure a bigger dollar amount than what was once needed.

Other options is where the rain is measured.  From least to most expensive of where rain fall is measured: local airport, TV station, or at festival site. 

--------------------------------------

Liability insurance is some where around $800 to $1200 depending on coverage and liability caps.

----------------------------------------
I have not looked at this in about three years.  At next games meeting I will try cornering treasurer and find out the names of agencies used. 

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
Chapman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chapman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 7/23/08 at 9:25am

Thank you for the info.  If anyone else would like to weigh in with what companies they use, I would appreciate it.

Jeff Chapman
www.indycrossfit.com
www.hoosierscots.com
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/01/08 at 10:24am

Sorry for the delay in the follow up;

CSI Entertainment Insurance provides both liability and weather insurance coverage for the QC games

www.csicoverage.com.

Mark McVey

"The work of science is to substitute facts for appearances and demonstrations for impressions." -John Ruskin
weaselking View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weaselking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/21/08 at 10:08am
I've seen their site before.  Are they decent to work with?
We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality. - Ayn Rand
McSanta View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McSanta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8/25/08 at 8:41am

Ask me that after my games experiences a rain out ... but I am hoping you won't have the occasion to ask.... 

I do not think the insurance covers a freak storm that litters the ground with about 50 hammer handles hammer handles.

Mark McVey

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic