Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

TRAINING LOG: Luke Crowley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic

Almost as strong as the top women +75kg

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Srokus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:50pm
Quite possibly.
The competitor to be feared is not the one who worries about others, but the one who goes on making their business better at all times...

www.thestrengthagenda.com
BrainSmasher View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 2:53pm

Originally posted by Srokus Srokus wrote:

Luke done and done, if you are juggernaut Wade the is the thing and
Andy is Green Lantern (I know wrong group, but I could think of another
skinny hero type quickly) Duncan I see you already had a hero picked
out and yes we are nerds as well.

Agreed, super nerd team is a go... might go with Nightcrawler for Andy though since he's creepy lookin' or he could always be Robin to Josh's Batman just to keep that weird sexual tension... speeking o that, very much a yes to the pics.  Polo doesn't count though, you need a tie to make it official.

Luke Crowley
Everything. All the time.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/11 at 3:12pm
Don't need a tie.  I'm 5 times more casual than your average guy, and at least 10 times more business.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/20/11 at 6:46pm

11-20-11 Recovery Workout: Hang Clean & Squat... kinda

Cleaned with a 3 finger grip: 175x3, 205x3, 235x1 then I dropped the DAMN bar and smashed my DAMN knees. Hit me right in the VMO's, lumped up and bruised instantly... spent the rest of the night in time out.   Played some Battle tanks a little later.

Squats: Feels like I did em but I didn't.

I definitely lost some hp with that impact to my leg bones, but I'm still hoping to be 100% for next weeks big workout.

Luke Crowley
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/11 at 2:03am
Dude.  What the hell is wrong with you?  I think I'm safer lifting drunk than you are sober.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/11 at 4:38pm

11-21-11  Bench & Pull-ups

Bench: 225x5, 275x5, 295x5, 335x5, 365x3, 385x3, 405x1, 415xwentoutlikeabitch, 315x8 ***Good workout, just got tired.

Pull-ups: 3-5 reps in between each set of bench. 9 sets total.

***To Josh I say, safety schmafety. Credit where credit is due though; sticking a max effort snatch while drunk... pretty sweet. Perhaps theres something to that booze stuff... I'll keep it in mind should I hit a plateau.

NEWS NEWS NEWS: Tonight's workout also saw one Mr. Wade Halverson hitting a Bench PR with a silky smooth rep at 500lbs. Job well done man guy man. 

Luke Crowley
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/21/11 at 6:57pm
Luke says crazy stuff a lot but the thing about Wade's bench is true.
There's more there as well. Not surprising if ya know old Wayne
Halverstram and a ridiculous ability to move heavy stuff. I need to
get my squat back up before Wade's bench catches it. If he takes a
month of and drinks scotch while Luke and I lift again, he'll be at 575
in no time. Congrats on the huge bench.
"Three hams will kill him." -A reliable medical journal

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 2:12am
Did you tell Wade how good it was...for him?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 5:48am

Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

Did you tell Wade how good it was...for him?
Your dickishness knows no bounds

Luke Crowley
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 5:49am
Bah. I'm a treat.  What's Wade cleaning and front squatting these days?  You know, so I can get into his skull.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 6:00am
He's been off squats for a while with some kind of schmeckle strain... Cleans  have been operating on the 335 scale but next week is Peak week so we'll see what the upper limit is then... guessing a billion.
Luke Crowley
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 6:07am
Yeah.  400 should be in the cards.

Same collar-bone whatsis?
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 10:27am

His collar bone is fine, this time its the old crotchal region.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/22/11 at 11:09am

11-22-11 Throws: LWFD & LHammer *Bit chilly today, could see my breath... not pumped to see how the cold will affect throws in the coming months*

LWFD: 1 turns 4x each hand. Best of 71'R and 56'L ***These were sucking but got me warm.

Fulls: 78', 82', 79', 81', 79', 80', 80', 79', 80' *** I was a slightly discourteous to my legs a couple days ago and they didn't want to fire for me today. Took 1 throw to figure that out and then spent the next 8 just relaxing and letting stuff get stretchy.

L.Hammer: The usual, thrown in cleats. Got a little confused here and my first 4 throws were 1 winds... F me in the A

1 Winds: 104', 108', 111', 109'... then, "Craaaaaaap! I'm missing a wind."

2 Winds: 115', 117', 116', 117', 117', 115', 117', 116', 116' *** Great series for me but frustrating as hell to not hit anything big in there. All throws were mega line drives and my finish was very flat/rotational. Felt like I was pushing the ball nicely but just didn't have my legs going to give it any lift. Also kinda hoped for a better increase in distance between my 1 and 2 wind throws, gonna blame my legs for that one too... stupid legs.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/11 at 2:58pm

I feel like hell today.  Hammers killed me.  Hadn't thrown hammer in a while and took too many throws.  Abs are rocked.  Didn't keep me from draggin my ass around the woods this morning.  No delicious venison to show for it though. 

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/11 at 5:28pm

11-27-11  Lifts: Hang Clean & Back Squat

Hang Clean: 210x2, 245x2, 280x2, 300x2, 315x2, 335x2, 350x2, 360x2, 370x2 Fails (good pull, bad catch) **** By 335 the bar was a gnarly bent mess, made the catch tricky in the sets that followed.  This will be our 3rd time returning our bar for bending.  Got to love that lifetime warranty. Rogue Burgener Bearing Bar= not great.  Rogue has top notch customer service and is quick to send out a replacement.  That being said, having only had this bar for a year or so... bending it so often is getting pretty old.

Squat: 300x2, 350x2, 405x2, 425x2, 475x2 *** Was supposed to go up to 500x2 today but got pretty awkward and had to really grind my 2nd rep at 475.... had a little wierdness in my back after that so I hung it up. 

Cool down: Diddy Kong Racing (poopfest) MarioKart64 (Princess Peach drives like a B, and still dominated Rainbow Road) Suck it Wade and Andy.

Luke Crowley
Barry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/27/11 at 6:35pm
No, you suck it.
"Three hams will kill him." -A reliable medical journal

Proud memeber of the Northside Throwing Club/Wisconsin Department of Zombie Defense
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/28/11 at 4:24am

a CF gym I train at every so often uses those rogue bars. I loaded 405 up for GMs and bent the shit out of the bar. I was pretty surprised.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/11 at 2:42am
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

a CF gym I train at every so often uses those rogue bars. I loaded 405 up for GMs and bent the shit out of the bar. I was pretty surprised.

Glad to I'm not the only one to have problems with it... still not too excited to send it back just to have the same thing happen a 4th time.

Luke Crowley
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/11 at 2:56am
its not like we dropped the bar down against pins or anything, pretty sad that just loading weight causes a permament bend. at least they have that warranty.
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/29/11 at 3:01am
http://www.mavrikbarbell.com/Products.html

No whip, but awesome spin, maybe the most spin-y I have tried.

Not even you monkeys could bend that.

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/11 at 2:41am

Originally posted by CHAD CHAD wrote:

Not even you monkeys could bend that.

Don't underestimate our ability to wreck nice things.

Luke Crowley
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/11 at 2:54am
I realize the boldness of my statement.  It's the only bar I would let you use.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/30/11 at 11:19am

Your description of this indestructo-bar sounds alot like the burgener bar.  It was spinny as crap (bordering on over spinning.)  It was also mega stiff by oly bar standards.  It takes quite a bit to get any flex out of that bitch... and then, in true bitch fashion, it may or may not unflex.  I miss the college days... all Eleiko everything.    

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/11 at 5:10pm

12-1-11 Lifting: Bench & Rows (Backing off)

Warmed up with a few rounds of Mario Kart Battle

Bench: 135x10, 225x10, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5, 315x5

Purple Band Rowsx10 in between bench sets. 7 sets total.

Luke Crowley
Duncan McCallum View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duncan McCallum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/01/11 at 9:30pm
I love this log.
The man in the arena.
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/02/11 at 12:33am
Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

I miss the college days... all Eleiko everything.    

You got spoiled early. 

Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/11 at 5:35pm

Dunc, I'm glad you like it.  The lifting to video game ratio is holding steady at 1:1.

Sean, spoiled is right... damn Eleiko, I wish I knew how to quit you.

Luke Crowley
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrainSmasher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/04/11 at 6:45pm

12-4-11 Lifts: Hang Clean & Front Squat

Hang Cleans: 155x3, 155x3, 205x3, 205x3, 245x3, 245x3, 295x5, 295x5, 315x5  ***Took a bit to get warmed up. Moved to 5's for the working sets, and I'm exactly as out of shape as I thought. My heart can suck it. 

Front Squat: 135x5, 135x5, 245x5, 245x5, 245x5 ***getting back into these, felt nice and stretchy. 

Cool down: Ready 2 Rumble Boxing!!! Brought the pain to Wade with every character but J. Chin, who is a disgrace.  ***LuLu Valentine: Top of the line video game J's.

Luke Crowley
northsider View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote northsider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/11 at 4:50pm
Originally posted by BrainSmasher BrainSmasher wrote:

damn Eleiko, I wish I knew how to quit you.

That is awesomely funny!
Wade Halverson
"The Highlander was a documentary shown in real time"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 57>
  Share Topic