FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Database

scottishheavyphotographs.com Old Celt Equipment

Squat depth

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Postaholic
Postaholic
Arnold Am........ check. Time to go Pro.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 9:52am
^^^which one is me, and which one is you? lol
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 10:28am
I think we both know....lol.
rknebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rknebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 10:35am
I had a partial tear of the patellar tendon below the actual patella a few years ago, about a 20-30% tear if I remember correctly, and there was no question about being injured....It Hurt something fierce!!! It may be a different type of pain above the patella but I if it is even an issue with the quad tendon I would think you would have a pretty good idea if it was as serious as a tear.
Nathan Parker View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 10:43am
I should clarify.  When I say above the knee.  I mean about 4-6in above the patella.  Its def a muscle thing.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
TheJeff696 View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheJeff696 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 10:51am
Could just be a bit of scar tissue that is getting re-torn or whatever scar tissue does. That's happened to me in my shoulder before and it eventually works itself out. 
Jeff Kaste

"I think there's a Squatch in these woods..."
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:36am
Point to where it hurts.
...Josh
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:45am
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
brandell View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brandell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 11:50am
"It's a Toomah"
CHAD View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
Dangerously Anabolic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CHAD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 2/17/15 at 12:01pm
I'm number one.
...Josh
Sean View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

9th Best in the World - 2010

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/11/15 at 12:36pm
Nate,

Go get some ART on the thing. If it's muscular, that'll help break up the crap.

If it's connective tissue (and even 4-6" above the patella it still can be), it'll still help a bit.

And, serious, if you have access to some leg extension machines at your gym, use'em. The blood flow alone will help.

I think it was big Dan McKim saying that was a huge boost for his overall training at one point too.
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Sean Sean wrote:

Nate,

Go get some ART on the thing. If it's muscular, that'll help break up the crap.

If it's connective tissue (and even 4-6" above the patella it still can be), it'll still help a bit.

And, serious, if you have access to some leg extension machines at your gym, use'em. The blood flow alone will help.

I think it was big Dan McKim saying that was a huge boost for his overall training at one point too.

I'll give the leg extensions a try.  I havent done them in forever.  Sounds like a good idea.  Both quads are affected now, so I doubt its injury related.  Also, I am getting a DTM weekly, and am going to not squat for a couple weeks.  I'll hit DL pretty hard instead.

Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 8:54am
not going to squat for a couple weeks?

O_o
grasshopper View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 8:59am
Leg Extensions.....seems legit....

"Breathe deeply. Refuse to be weak. Refuse to be sick. Refuse to die. Think strong and you will be." -The Mighty Atom (Yoselle Greenstein)
Postaholic
Postaholic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Parker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 9:05am
Originally posted by jsully jsully wrote:

not going to squat for a couple weeks?

O_o

Nope.  Rest I must.
Sport Kilt
JDJ Caber Company
Hylete.com
C. Smith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Retired

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote C. Smith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 9:19am
Smart.
jsully View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic

Prefers the D...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsully Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/12/15 at 10:45am
yawn..

you MF 'playitsafers'
Daniel McKim View Drop Down
Postaholic
Postaholic
World Champ - '11

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daniel McKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 3/14/15 at 10:40pm
TKE work and even the frowned upon leg extensions have helped my tendonitis. And a general improvement in my anterior leg strength, I believe, helped me block better this past season. New PRs in the hammers, weights and even open stone, after 10 seasons in. Bear in mind, I am a squat weakling and was very posterior dominant.  This posterior and hip dominant strength was more a product, I believe, of 10 years of HG throwing (how many thousand of throws) and 10 years of track and field throwing.

Anyways, off topic, but yeah, man. Sounds like you're due some rest and perhaps some quad work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic